Saturday, April 30, 2011

Communication

Some of you may wonder, How do missionaries communicate with their families and friends while they are away from home for two years? Well let me tell you.
        
        So some missionaries are allowed to email their families once a week (like me) and they are also allowed to write letters once a week. I write letters to my family and I will email them as well. Missionaries are only allowed to E-mail family but they can write letters to friends to stay in touch with them. The reason missionaries are only allowed to write letters or email once a week is because we go around every day wearing the name of Jesus Christ on our chest spreading His gospel. So in order to do that we need to be very focused and if we are always thinking about our family and writing them all the time we wouldn't be able to stay very focused. I think it is a blessing because it has really helped me to realize how much I truly love my family and when I have served my two years on my mission I will be much more appreciative of the time I get to spend with my family.


     What about calling family on the phone? Missionaries get the opportunity to call home and talk with their family twice a year. We are authorized to call home for Christmas and that is really fun and I enjoy that and can you guess what other holiday we get to call home on? Thats right! Mothers Day!!! Why Mothers Day you might ask??? Because our Mothers are everything!! Without my mom I wouldn't be where I am today. We should all have deep respect for women but especially our Mothers and with that knowledge it only makes sense that missionaries would call home on Mothers day!

Us missionaries love when we get mail! It makes us very happy! This picture shows perfectly what it's like when we dont get any mail. I am very grateful for all who write me and for the wonderful opportunity I have to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment